Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Devastation

Yesterday, around 1:30 pm, my Grandmother passed away. Words cannot explain how I am feeling right now. It was so hard to fall asleep last night. I could not stop thinking about her. This does not seem real. My grandmother is my Fathers Mother. My Dad is saying that he is fine, but I think that he is just trying to be strong for every one else.
All of her children were there when she passed. Her husband is totally devastated. They were married for 62 beautiful years.
I cannot help but feel for him. How would it be to walk in his shoes right now? She was his everything. Before her passing he would get face to face with her and tell her how much he loved her. There love for each other was so deep.
The funeral will be on Monday. It is going to be real difficult for all of us. It is still so weird that she is gone, but I know that she is so much happier now. She can now be with her Mother, Father, and brother. She missed them all very much.
No more pain, no more suffering. She did not want to be here anymore. She was ready to go. I just wish that it was not this soon, this fast. I wish I had more time with her. I wish, I wish, I wish.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we were sorry to hear about your grandma. we love you nichole! xoxox

Brent and Ashley said...

Again, I am so sorry about your grandmother. Sounds like she lead a very good life and was a good person.
I love you too! It was fun to have lunch with you guys today.

Grandma and Grandpa said...

I haven't had time to look at everyone's blogs and today I decided I would take the time to see what is new. When I read yours I was sick. I am so sorry that your grandmother died. I know how it feels to lose someone so dear. We love you and your little family and our hearts go out to you at this sad time.

Friends+Family said...

I'm finally back into the blogging world. That post was so tender. She was one lucky lady to have such a loving family. I know that she is proud of you and your cute family.
We love you.
MOM Linda