Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday dinner at Mom and Dads house

It has been one week today since the funeral of my dear sweet Grandmother. Last night we had dinner at my Mom and Dads house, like we do every 2nd Sunday of each month. They had invited my Grandpa over to dinner with us. I am so glad that he came. Everything that we were talking about somehow ended with something about Grandma. He had gone to church that day. He had not been in 2 years. He told me he is not too big on religion and that he is not too sure if he will ever see his wife again. I told him that I knew he would. They were married in the temple over 62 years ago. He tells me that at night, he asks his wife to let him know that she is there. That, he says, is the only way he will know the Gospel is true. But with faith and testimony, he will know. I do. I cannot wait till the day that our family will be sealed in the temple. It is a true blessing that my Grandpa and Grandma were sealed, for all of time, and all of eternity.

2 comments:

Brent and Ashley said...

thank you for sharing that! So sweet. I'm sure your grandma is up in heaven rooting for your grandpa!!

Anonymous said...

i'm so grateful casey met you! he is so lucky!