Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer is almost over!

...And that makes me real sad. I love the extra long days and feeling the warm sun on your face. I am not at ALL looking foward to this winter*sigh*.
But as for right now, I do not want to even think about "S" word (snow).
This summer has been nothing but fun! The kids have had a blast swimming, park playing, horse riding, and Zoo seein' and such.
The kids really LOVE it when I take them up to Eaglewood for lunch and to see their Daddy working the grill. I can't help but smile and giggle to myself when we walk in the doors of Eaglewood beacause the fist thing out of little Nickolas' mouth is "HI DAD!!!"
Nick is getting bigger by the second! It is quite shocking, really! He is such a sweetheart and such a tender-hearted boy. He loves to snuggle with Daddy after a long hard day of playing. My favorite thing with him that that if anyone around him is hurt or feeling sad he will come up to them and rub their back and ask, " Ow you awight?" And if you are really feeling sad, he will give you a big fat kiss! They are the best!
Karley is going to be starting Preeschool this fall and we are very exited! ( I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that fact!) She is so eager to learn and things come so easily to her. She has become such a big help to me around the house. (HORRAY!) She loves to unload the dishwasher, switch the laundry, and even help me fold! I feel like a should be paying her or something!
I feel so lucky to have both of my sweets. They are such a big help to their Momma when she is not feeling her best. Karley willl even help with breakfast in the morning (the worst time for my JRA), she will get Nick and herself yogurt and spoons. That girl is something else! I must have done something right to get such a wonderful daughter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun:) i am glad you guys are having a fun summer!

Brent and Ashley said...

those kids are sure cute!!!

Brent and Ashley said...

blog dammit